Thursday, June 22, 2006

The new Captain Kirk?

Yes, the rumor is that they want to ask Matt Damon to be Captain Kirk in the next Star Trek movie. Strangely enough, I actually don't have a problem with this. Probably because I still respect Matt as an actor. The only problem I have with Matt is that he's in his 30s, and the Captain Kirk in the new movie, from what I understand, should be a bit younger (like, by 10 years?). We will have to see how this pans out folks.

However, if they ask Ben Afflick to play the role of Spock, the Star Trek people may start having meteorites thrown at their heads and phasers set to kill pointed at them. I will be the one holding one of the phasers.

[Source]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about this. It is hard to connect Matt Damon with bad Shakespearean acting style, that would make it hard to convince fans to accept him as the new James T. Kirk. As far as Ben Affleck goes, I need to see the one eye brow thing before I can make a decision. Hmm... I wonder if they can get Jennifer Garner to play one of the ensign.