Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Don't colour me blue!

For some very odd reason, everyone around me is depressing me today. People on Hitched, people at work... Now I realize that dealing with politics and megalomanics can be a downer, don't get me wrong.

Today, my co-worker and I bandied about two scenarios: ideal and realistic. The ideal situation, in my mind, still doable for the large part, just not in the time frame that we were looking at. Realistic situation was... depressing. Two steps forwards, three steps back. Do the math, and you end up walking backwards to the Dark Ages.

They say if you're given lemons, make lemonade. Really. That's what I try to remind myself every day. Things are never as bad as they seem.

Let's see, what were the positives of today:
  • I met a fellow Hitched chick today for lunch. We commiserated over her ruined $150USD Citizen jeans, but she managed to find some authentic ones at Value Village for way cheaper. Yay!
  • I went to go buy a bag of chips at the vending machine. I'd put in my money and punched in the numbers, and waited for the machine to do it's thing. Well, the bag started falling, but just as it was going to complete it's fall, a corner of the bag gets caught in the coily thing that holds it in place. I was flabbergasted. But then the machine started whirling again, and I got not only my original bag of chips, but a second bag as well! Sweet! (Now if you want to pity anyone, pity my hubby, who will now have to hear me whine about me getting fat over my silly craving. But he doesn't get a choice in the matter).
  • I finally got to go to the chiropractor today. My upper back, neck and shoulders were killing me, mostly because of Evil Homework, so I've kinda regressed. But it's all good. And I'm going to start regular massage therapy sessions as well until Evil Homework is over.
  • It ended up being sunny and warm today.
Well, that's it, but it's a start.

Now, blue people are Smurfs, and Smurfs tend to be a jolly lot. So if you're blue, then you're a Smurf, and if you're a Smurf, you're happy. And if you're happy, then you're not depressed. So stop making me depressed! How's that for Irene-Logic?

(BTW, Smurfette always annoyed me, I don't know why I put her picture up. Bah.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know! It's like a bloody virus - this depressing behaviour. EVERYONE around me is moping and dragging their feet and are hell bent on making everyone in their path suffer the same fate.
So hurrah for the Blue Smurfy people! We should go drink blue martinis and eat wings.