So my industrious hubby was trying to install a ceiling fan to get our bedroom somewhat cooler. Well, he installed it correctly, but as soon as we turned it on, sparks emitted from the ceiling. Not a good thing. Now we have to wait for our handyman friend "E" to come by to help us.
He thinks that there might have been some wires touching each other that shouldn't have touched each other, hence the sparks. So we have to suffer through another night of heat. Tomorrow's high is 26C, and it'll be the same all week. Not the warmest we've ever experienced, but our house has ever single wall insulated, including the inside walls. Great for winter, not so great for summer.
We would have had the ceiling fan up a month ago, but we ran into a series of technical roadblocks. Sigh.