Wednesday, August 23, 2006

x != X

So I've been banging my head against the wall for about two weeks trying to figure out what was wrong with my code. Finally, today someone pointed out something so obvious, it's one of those things that you'd naturally miss, even if it punched you in the face.

What is the difference?

I ate a hash brown for breakfast?

I ate a hash brown for Breakfast?

Well, there's a capital in one and not the other. That was my problem. Depending on the language you work with, most programming languages are case sensitive, so the computer will treat them differently, even though they are the same to you.

Same, same, but different.

1 comment:

IT Plumber/Janitor said...

XX != XY
However, as the program runs, sometimes XX wants to be XY and XY wants to be XX, and we end up with Xx, Xy, xY, xX running around everywhere. I think I should switch to decaf.