Thursday, August 31, 2006

Hopefully now I can get a good night's sleep...

So I just dropped about $200 on a new ComfortPillow by Tempur-Pedic. In the past, and for as long as I could remember, I had always stuffed my blanket under my neck because I could never find a pillow that was supportive enough for my neck.

I had previously bought an Obus Forme Contour pillow, but didn't like it because 1) the shape of the pillow really bothered me. I tend to hug my pillow when I sleep, and this pillow was not conducive to hugging. 2) It felt too small and 3) It still didn't give me the support I was looking for.

I eventually tried out a Tempur-Pedic pillow about a month ago, and I'd really felt the difference between the Tempur-Pedic memory foam, and the other ones. I was pretty much sold at that point.

I spoke with a friend of mine yesterday who had a Tempur-Pedic contoured pillow, and she said that the pillow has lasted her five years with no wear. Her husband still sleeps on conventional pillows, and he goes through about two every year at about $30 a pop. If you do the math, the conventional route is actually the more expensive one.

Most mornings when I wake up, even if I've gotten my 9 hours of sleep, it's rarely restful. I wake up feeling tense (from all my stress), cranky and very tired. And trust me when I say I don't wear tired very well. Hopefully this will solve the problem.

We also tried the Tempur-Pedic mattress, and we've already decided that when we go to replace our mattress the next time around, it'll be the Tempur-Pedic mattress that we'll buy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Logically the math makes sense, but mentally, well, blah, I'll pass on a $200 pillow.

Alternatively, a person could buy two $5 pillows from Walmart every year for the next 20 years and they will also arrive at $200.

Wow. This is a really tough decision. I'll have to sleep on it! LOL.