Sunday, May 14, 2006

My new toy

I got a new toy today, a Nokia 6682. Review forthcoming, once I figure out a few more functions on the phone and actually have a chance to give it a good go at playing with it.

I did have a bit of a headache getting the phone. First, I wanted to switch to an corporate Employee plan. In the mall that I went to, there are three Rogers dealership. After doing a quick check, I found out that one was selling the phone cheaper than the other two. I'd always wondered why, but I was too excited to getting this phone to care. Plus said store had an extra $50 credit for some Mother's day promotion.

Well, I discovered that resellers don't have the permission to transfer existing Roger accounts to a Employee Corporate plan, but regular Roger dealers do. What a pain. (I also ran into a similar scenario with another Employee Plan that I was considering. Bah.)

So I eventually got the hardware and plan upgrade. I'm already suspecting that I'll need to purchase a special proprietary Nokia memory card, but that's a rant for another day. However, the phone is a smartphone, and it can run Java applications, so maybe one day when I have some time to fool around, I may actually develop an application and see if it'll work on my phone...

Yes, I'm a geek.

No comments: