Thursday, May 18, 2006

KOOKY: A day in the life of...

For the past month, I've been actively gathering requirements and testing changes for an application that I normally support. Needless to say, it's been very tedious and a lot of back and forth between two groups of people; I really am the middle gal.

So today, after a bit more follow-up (read: nagging for information) on my part, I really felt that I wanted to run a sharp object through my eye.

Instead, I went to the Shopper's on campus for some balm for the soul: chocolate. What I've discovered is that there is more variety and at a cheaper price than at the vending machines, so I may be going there more often.

Anyways, right next door to the Shopper's, they are building a new Irish Pub. There was a guy out front who was canvassing all passerbyers for server jobs at the new pub that's going to open this July. (As an aside, hopefully the food there will be good and at a decent price. Campus food just bites after a while).

So I got it in my head that maybe I could work there as a barmaid. But they wouldn't hire me, I don't have the obligatory perky big boobs, I've got small saggy ones.

I had that thought for all of about three seconds before reality kicked in. I continued on to Shoppers and got my chocolate. Going back to my office, I walked by my bosses office, vented to him, and felt a bit better after that and a bite of chocolate.

Okay, I will admit that I'm a tad worried that we won't make the deadline due to some circumstances, but hey, it'll come together in the end.

Right?

No comments: