Last night, my friends and I had yet another Star Trek Marathon. This time, they asked for a Borg-theme evening.
Here's what we watched, all from the Voyager series:
- Scorpion Part I & II (Seasons 3/4)
- The Gift (Season 4)
- Fury (Season 6)
- Unimatrix Zero Part I & II (Seasons 6/7)
Okay, there were a couple of Kes-centric episode. I was watching with a few Voyager-uninitiated, so they were curious about her.
Things that I've re-discovered yesterday:
- Voyager is still my favourite Star Trek series;
- Kes still annoys me greatly;
- The Borg have the same excuse for everything (eg "Why do you do XXX?" "We are Borg." "Why do you think individuality is such a bad thing?" "We are Borg." Okay, these guys are just not great conversationalist, but we still found it frickin' hilarious!);
- Captain Janeway has big hairy balls. Well, she certainly has more gumption in her than in five men combined;
- The Borg Queen rocks;
- Species 8472 are still cool.
All in all, a fun evening. Next time, the guys want a 7 of 9 theme. Le Sigh.