Wednesday, April 12, 2006

"The Ultimate-Ultimate"

When we were younger, we would often go over to a cousin's house to hang out. One of the cousins would always pull my sister aside into her room and made her listen to "The Ultimate-Ultimate" song du jour (in other words, what her favourite song was at the moment). My poor sister had to listen to the song not once, not twice, not three times, but over and over and over and over...

Well, I'm one of those people who listen to the same song over and over and over... On my iTunes playlist, there are maybe 10 songs that I will really listen to, I tend to skip over the rest, depending on what sort of mood I'm in. I never like one artist or group, it's the song itself that get me jiving.

Like today, I played the same song on repeat, for about 3 hours straight at work. With all volume controls turn on HIGH. (Hey, I have a very loud talker on my right and a very loud clicky keyboard behind me, that gets extremely distracting). I will eventually get sick the song and never want to listen to it again, but I'm loving it right now.

"The Ultimate-Ultimate" song? Far Away by Nickleback.

Surprising if you know me. I'm a self-proclaimed non-romantic, so choosing a love ballad would be one of the last things you may expect from me. Maybe I'm more of a romantic than I let on...

But being the geek I am, I was trying to pick out the bass rifts during each successive repeat and thinking how easy it would be for me to figure out on my bass guitar. And I was figuring ways to harmonize with the lyrics. Anything is better than Evil Homework, which is what I'm avoid doing right now. Sigh.

No comments: