Friday, April 21, 2006

Another Star Trek film?

There have been rumors for years that there would be another Star Trek film. Many didn't think so after the last film Star Trek: Nemesis, bomb in the theatres.

(As an aside, I loved the last movie. I've even met the actor, Tom Hardy, who played the baddie and got a personalized autograph from him. Yes, I'm a geek. My sister said that I was positively flirting with him. I was not; I was gushing.)

Anyways, this report says that they are actually working on another film, to be released in 2008. I'm not sure if I'm really hot on the plot. And really, it's the actors who will be drawing in the the diehard fans, not so much the plotline. I'm certain that the diehard fans will be slagging the plotline no matter how great it is. We have to wait and see, I suppose.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here is my break down of StarTrek. Yes, I am all about summarizing today.

James T. Kirk - kicks ass and sleep with any female aliens
Spock - walking computer with bluetooth

Jean-Luc Picard - rules and makes good manager but have hard time getting laid
William T. Riker - does all the getting laid stuff
Data - faster CPU speed walking computer without bluetooth but has fibre connection

Johnathan Archer - fights like girl but managed to unite planets
T'Pol - slower CPU speed walking computer but comes in really nice package (kinda like the colourful Apple iBook)

Conclusion. If you have T for middle name, you get laid a lot in StarTrek universe.