Sunday, April 02, 2006

Microsoft is Evil

I'm currently uninstalling a Beta version of Visual Studio 2005, so I can install the real thing on my laptop. Apparently the Beta and Production versions don't jive.

So far, I've identified and uninstalled about 10 different items, according to my Add/Remove Programs window. Why there are so many things installed in the first place, I don't know.

I'm not one to install Beta versions, simply because the software may still be buggy and in my mind, incomplete. Now, I'm certain that my dear friend IT Plumber/Janitor will point out that all software will always be somewhat buggy, and it being Microsoft software, is synonymous with buggy. Or a big living virus on your PC.

I will learn Linux when I my Big Evil School Project is done and over with, I promise. In the meantime, I'll be installing my free (and legitimate) version of Visual Studio 2005 so I can start with some development projects coming down the pipe.

(How did I get free and legitimate copy of a Microsoft Product that normally costs about $1000 USD? I subjected myself to a day of Microsoft Marketing Propaganda. Trust me, it wasn't pretty.)

ETA: Setup crashed. I am so not impressed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean by buggy M$ software, they are features.
If this makes you feel any better, Geordi La Frge and Data can come up with a paradoxical puzzle to send the Borg Collective into an endless loop until occupying all CPU cycles, M$ software isn't so bad.

http://www.startrek.com/startrek/view/library/technology/article/70114.html

Note to self, less reading of Captain Janeway's personal log at 2 AM, more regeneration cycle is required.