Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Happy Robbie Burns Day!

Today (January 25th) is Robbie Burns day. His 247th birthday, to be exact. Not bad looking for an old guy. Robert Burns is best known for his poems "Auld Lang Syne" and "To A Mouse, On Turning Her Up In Her Nest With The Plough".

I for one am not a huge Robert Burns fan. Really.

But he wrote one of my favourite poems, "To A Louse".

What I really love about this poem is that here Robbie is watching this louse on a lady's head, and he's scolding it for having the balls to be there in the first place. What he actually should be doing is telling said lady to go take a very long and through bath. This cracks me up every time!

And of course, somehow only Robbie can tie a louse wandering around the lady's head with a lesson on life. Brilliant!

So raise a glass for Robbie on his birthday!

(By the way, am I the only one in the world who thinks this is funny?)

No comments: