Monday, January 30, 2006

Dine Out Vancouver

I had a really shitty day. I normally don't swear, so if you see me swearing, it's bad. I can't even rant about work on here as most of what I do is confidential. And I didn't sleep well last night. I still need to do Evil Homework, but I'm ready to keel over and go to bed. Not happy about that, I'm behind as it is.

So I'll talk about the restaurant we went to last night instead.

Every year around mid to late January, Vancouver Tourism runs an event called Dine Out Vancouver. Traditionally, January tends to be a slow month for restaurants in and around Vancouver because Christmas and New Year's is over and Valentine's day isn't for another little while. Plus people are flat broke from Christmas. So what the restaurants have done is create $15/$25/$35 three course meals to entice people to come out and eat. Of course, you don't need to order from the pre-set menus, but it's sometimes the best way to afford a meal at a really expensive place for relatively cheap.



This is where we went to dinner last night: Romano's Macaroni Grill. The neat thing about this place is that this used to be someone's house. No, mansion. The place is huge! I can probably fit three of my houses in that place (that's house small my house is). I can't believe that someone used to live there, and it's right smack downtown, by the beach. Would have been sweet living there.

My verdict on the food: meh. I've been to the Macaroni Grill in Vancouver a few times before, and it's okay at best. Sometimes waiters will break out into an operatic song (although they didn't last night), and while it has a certain charm, it wears off quickly when you want to eat in relative peace. Another feature of the restaurant is that you can draw on the tables. I wowed my mom and grandmother last night with my Chinese writing skill demonstration.

When we got home, my sister and I talked more about the trip we are planning to take in September. Any time I had planned for Evil Homework went out the window. I think the same goes for tonight. Heaven help me.

No comments: