Sunday, October 07, 2007

Update on me...

I had posted this as my status on Facebook yesterday:
Irene is frustrated. Irene had a frustrating week. Stoopid people. Stoopid body. Stoopid Evil Homework. Sigh.
Yes, I had a very frustrating week last week. And it really wasnt' one thing in particular, it was a lot of little things.

Work: I'm dealing with a space crunch, and it's looking like Plan A won't work. Plan A was to move into a new room. I was going to do it later, but I decided to step up the time line as we had more people coming in very soon. To make a long story short, the room I'm moving into is mess, there is half-put-together furniture in there, and I don't know when the rest will be done. I dearly would like to yell at someone, but she is on vacation. I have to wait until Tuesday to discuss Plan B.

Body: Not only now do I have to contend with a constantly sore upper back, but my left hip has decided to give me problems. I can't sit for too long, and standing's not fun either. I had two meetings on Friday, and I was standing up for both of them. I don't see my chiropractor until Tuesday. The pain's manageable, but barely. I've learned what a piriformis is, and have been stretching that, but I'm not 100% certain that is the problem (or the whole problem). I've been telling everyone that I have a pain in the butt. Lame, I know.

However, until I can get this hip thing under control, I'm not going to the gym. As much as I don't like going to the gym, I hate the feeling of my body feeling flabby and me feeling like a slug more.

Evil Homework: I hate it. I have to do it. Enough said.

Rest of Life: I had a really embarrassing episode on Wednesday (not at work), and was throughly tramatised for a couple of days. I had a good cry on Hubby's shoulder, and ate chocolate, and went for some more H&M retail therapy (I have to stay away from that place!), so I do feel better. I was hit pretty hard with PMS too, and coupled with a lot of extra stress, eating too much chocolate, not being able to go to the gym to work off stress, my mood is a little low of late. This last week has been very off for me.

Blergh.

No comments: