Saturday, May 19, 2007

Some Excitement

Or not.

Yesterday, my dad had decided to make some soup. The Chinese way of making soup is to make your own soup stock by boiling some sort of animal bones for at lest half a day or longer (I've seen my mom boil things for a couple of days), then throw in your ingredients and boil more.

You can already possibly guess what's going to happen next.

My dad then went out with our neighbour and was gone for a good long while.

Sometime during the day, the other neighbour sees smoke coming out from my dad's place.

Fortunately, after two fire trucks, a smashed in window, bent window bars, a charred stove and pot and lots of smoke, nothing was too much damaged. I certainly didn't notice that anything was wrong when I got home, and until my mom pointed it out, I didn't even notice the smoky smell that was in the air.

My dad huffed and puffed about how he's getting Alzheimer's. Yeah, he's been saying that since he was in his 40s. I think he's just plain forgetful as this has happened a few times before in the past, just never something this extreme.

Sigh. At least everything's okay.

No comments: