Saturday, November 15, 2008

My new mattress!

This mattress (not the bed frame or the pillows) finally arrived a few weeks ago after waiting almost four weeks for it. Let me tell you that the moment it arrived, my back was in bliss!

I blame the origins of my current SI joint problems on our old, soft, lumpy mattress. I think sleeping on that thing had put my hips out of alignment. And of course, sleeping on a sloping mattress didn't help my sleep at all.

My mid-and lower back pain have pretty much disappeared, thank goodness! My SI joint problems still persist unfortunately, because now I'm about 5 months along in my pregnancy, and I think the baby's sitting on a nerve or something. Sigh.

For those of you who don't recognize the bed, it's a Tempurpedic Rhapsody. It's somewhat more firmer than the Classic bed. It didn't take me very long to get used to it. Hubby took a bit longer, and even though he feels that his sleep isn't any different, we both have noticed that we don't feel the other move any more, and even hubby has noticed that he sleeps a little deeper now.

My only beef right now is that I'm a back sleeper, and I shouldn't be lying on my back for too long. I've been told that the weight of the baby may cut off some of the circulation to my lower body. But I've still found that I wake up on my back, and hubby's found me lying asleep on my back more than once. Old habits die hard! It's too bad I can't enjoy my bed properly for a few month more. Sigh.

No comments: