Sunday, June 03, 2007

Watermark Restaurant

Tonight hubby and I went to the Watermark Restaurant on Kits Beach for hubby's birthday dinner. Today isn't hubby's birthday, it's a few days from now, but we decided to go tonight.

For starters, we had Lobster Dumplings. It tastes like lobster stuffed in a dumpling shell, with a bit of chili sauce. Pretty good. The New York steak that I had was very good, and done just how I asked it to be (medium). Hubby also enjoyed his sablefish dish. For dessert, we had a Strawberry Charlotte, which was some strawberry cheesecake layered with ladyfingers. Very yummy!

I give this place 8 out of 10. The food was very good. The only real complaint I had about this restaurant was that:
  1. They didn't serve any free bread. If I'm going to spend $100 on a meal, I think we should have gotten free something.
  2. Because it's right on the beach, you can see people on the beach in their bikinis and shorts, playing ball and paddling in the water. I don't know, but somehow this just felt like to me to have cheapened the ambiance, especially considering that I felt that anyone could have just walked into the restaurant straight from the beach. If I'm going to spend $30 on steak, I would have wanted the ambiance to be a little more sophisticated and a little less like a hot dog shack. (Just my two cents, take it or leave it)
Picture of the birthday boy:

No comments: