Sunday, January 02, 2011

A New Year Begins. Again.

So, I haven't been blogging for about a month and a half. Lots happened between the last time I blogged and now. Like Christmas, where TodderL got over 20 presents. It was toy carnage for a while. Like this blog turning 5 years old. Like how I had to work over Christmas. Like how cold it's been so far, and that we had snow long before winter was official. Like how our mall Santa experience was waaaaaaay better than the previous year's. Thanks goodness!

This year, I'm going to be focusing on certain things. Purging stuff (we have way too much stuff, and I'm not talking about toys!), and this includes the amount of personal emails I subscribe to. And junk food. Getting more organized and becoming more efficient at cleaning. I've actually decided not to make resolutions. Instead, I have goals. But I'm going to approach my goals in a slightly different way. Instead of being overwhelmed with doing everything at once, I'm going to pick one or two goals once a month or every other month and try to develop each one into a habit.

What I've discovered, even today, I need to create habit, and stick to them, otherwise nothing ever will get done. It's okay if I fall off the wagon, because it's going to be a habit that I will get back on track with, like brushing teeth. I certainly hope that brushing teeth is a habit for all.



More on my life soon enough.

No comments: