Saturday, July 05, 2008

Corteo!

This afternoon we went to go see Cirque du Soleil's Corteo. This was by far one of the better tent shows that I've seen. While "O" still remains my favourite out of the five shows I've seen to date, this was really good in it's own right. The acrobatics were certainly different from the other shows I've seen.

My favourite acts where the latter, (shown left), the balloons (that actually is a person attached to the balloons, and not a doll), and the duo acrobatics with the straps. When the woman first came out for the straps act, she had the largest upper arm muscles I have ever seen on a woman, and thought at first that she was on steroids. But as the act progressed, I understood why: she needed tremendous upper body strength, more so then even some of the men in the show. I won't spoil what happened during the act, but it was quite amazing what this duo could do. Those who have seen he show will know what I'm talking of. Awesome show, you definitely should go see it if you have the chance to.




















No comments: